Thursday, July 2, 2009

March 2009

A favorite poem of my dear grandmother, Melissa Moore, about the month of March.
This poem has always had special meaning to me because Grandma and I were both born in the month of March.

March
Oh changeable March,
With your flurries of snow,
With your days of sunshine,
And winds that blow;
We never know what
Your days will bring--
When snow birds twitter
While robins sing.

Your winds are imps
Who romp and play.
With whatever chances
To lie in their way.
They whirl the dust
Until folks can't see,
Then steal their hats
While they laugh with glee.

Your varying moods
Are a puzzle to men,
You smile for awhile
Then are sullen again;
Some like you because
April follows not far.
But I like you, March
For--just what you are.
--Rachel Ann Garrett





March Madness. Go Dawgs!

We barely touched base at home following the trip to Scottsdale and then to Washington, IL. to attend the services for cousin, Gary Moehle, before it was time to head to St. Louis for the annual Missouri Valley Conference Men's Basketball Tournament. As fans from all the conference teams emerge on St. Louis for a weekend of top notch college basketball, emotions run high. Tournament time is packed with heighten anticipation and high hopes your team will prevail. No one wants to see their team lose. Everyone wants to their team to win. What an emotionally charged weekend.

This year our Salukis were playing without their team captain and star guard, Bryans Mullins, who was out because of an injured ankle. Our team was young, but had some very dynamic players and with the guidance of Coach Chris Lowery, we were hoping for a win or two. However, the Dawgs fell short in their very first game of tournament play. And so ended the 2008-2009 season.

Fred, Shelley and I stayed on in St. Louis for the weekend and watched the other teams battle out each game to see Northern Iowa win the tournament play.



FACEBOOK FANATIC!
During the winter months, while recuperating from the broken ankle, for some reason I decided to check back into the Facebook account which I had opened several months earlier. When I first opened the account, I didn't understand how Facebook worked. Over the coarse of time, I began to hear others talk about it and how different groups and organizations were using it. When I looked at it this time, I was a little more curious and decided to give it a try. Before long I was discovering names of people I knew. Finding these names only spiked my interest more and the more names I discovered, the more I continued 'searching for friendship.' LOL And before I knew it, I was hooked on what it had to offer and how easily people could connect and reconnect. So, I am now an avid Facebooker. Won't you be my FB friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers