Monday, August 3, 2009
August 2009
OH, my blog!...One of the things I learned when updating my blog recently is not to procrastinate and try to post six month's worth of writings at one time. The reason is, each new post (or file) you write has a date assigned to it based on when you create the file. As I was catching up my writings while on vacation, I was creating new files at random as past events came to mind. And as one topic led to another thought, I was writing about things in no particular order. So what's the problem? When I tried to post them in date order by month, they wouldn't line up right...they would jump from March to July to May and so on. In order to get all my 'ducks in a row,' I had to copy and paste most of the stories back and forth into files that had dates that would line up correctly. I finally got it straightened out enough for the stories to appear in the blog in fairly good order. However, now my Archive for 2009 will not show any postings for several months because most of the stories carry July dates. I know this probably makes no sense to some and to others they are chuckling at my absurdity. Lesson learned...at least create a new file each month, so if I do fall back into my old habit of procrastination, I can catch up my blog in fine order! What is that saying, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks"?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment