Friday, June 18, 2010

Lois Mason Gepner's Birthday

In April, my mother's lifelong friend, Lois Mason Gepner, celebrated her 86th birthday. To honor their mother on her birthday, Lois' daughters and grandchildren had a small family gathering for her. They also invited long time friends to shower Lois with cards, notes and other greetings.

I fondly remember Lois from my growing up years in Sadorus and was honored to make a memory book of pictures of times Mother and Lois shared throughout their friendship that I have acquired from my mother over the years.  I must say that this was one of the most enjoyable projects I've ever done because of the wonderful memories it brought back to me as I recalled the times these two beautiful women shared as high school class mates, young marrieds, mothers, and in later years of their friendship, co-workers in the same department at the University of Illinois-Urbana.  Theirs was a true friendship that bought them years of companionship, loyality, and support throught good and hard times. To recreate and relive the times they shared through the their old photographs was an inspiring endeavor of gratitude and love.  It was reported to me that upon receiving and reviewing the album, Lois was brought to tears as it had been 60 years or more since she had seen some of the pictures.  The pleasure this little book brought to this wonderful woman was worth all the price of gold to me.

Best wishes, Lois, and may you enjoy many more birthdays.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers